A blog for my young friends in Homer, and anyone else wishing to follow my ongoing adventures in the city of Los Angeles.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm A Spoiled Brat

Hey everyone! A lot of people have been bugging me for not updating this thing more frequently. I originally planned to update it every Sunday...FAIL!!!

Anyway, now I'm in Chicago. I've been staying with my friends Yosh and Mira, looking for work, etc. I've begun to realize that working for Pier One for so long has completely spoiled me. I've gotten used to being my own boss, setting my own hours, and basically being in charge of everything. Also, I've had complete creative freedom; if I wanted to do a show, I would just announce that I was doing it and it was that simple.

I never thought I was going to get that much freedom elsewhere, but I also never realized how spoiled I was. Now that I've started looking for jobs and stuff, I find that anytime I find a job ad where I'll have to have a boss or get approval for things, my reaction is "ew, I'm better than that." Ridiculous, I know. I've been trying to get it under control.

Anyway, things are pretty good here in Chicago. It's way cheaper than LA, and I think I'm getting pretty close to having a job. I even have a few theatre-related interviews coming up soon. So I'll keep you guys posted.

Well, this one's kind of short and crappy, but at least I updated the blog!!!

No comments: